Tuesday, October 13, 2009

4 Months Old (late update)

Adelyn had her 4month check up the week that I went to C'ville, but with all the craziness, I forgot to post about the doctor's appointment. She is now 12lbs 14oz (30th%) and 24in (50th%). The doctor said everything looks great, and she is continuing to meet developmental milestones. She is pretty strong for her age, and is beginning to be able to sit independently for about 30seconds. She is also starting to grasp things and bring them to her mouth, although she is not quick to grab things. I am happy about her developing that slowly because it is nice to have her sit on my lap and not worry about her grabbing at my food :). She received 2 immunizations, and did well with those, crying for about 30sec before completely forgetting what happened.
The doctor also said she could feel teeth buds, and we had noticed that she had started to drool more and constantly wanted her fingers in her mouth (apparently these are signs of teething). So, our little one is teething early. She loves to chew on anything you give her, and gets a little frustrated when she can't get it into her mouth. I think the chewing sometimes irritates her gums more than it helps, though, because she occasionally gets really upset after chewing for awhile. I haven't seen any teeth, but I can definitely feel little buds on her gums.
She is getting more and more blond and her hair is getting pretty long. It was like peach fuzz, and now is getting a bit thicker (It's still fuzzy, though. And as some say, she has a little party going on in the back of her head b/c of all the calics! Her hair sticks straight up in the back...what are we going to do?!?)
Adelyn is still very smiley, and she has started to giggle a lot. She is especially giggley after her morning nap. After her aunt Catherine and Grammy were watching her, I came home and asked her if she had fun, and she just started laughing and kept giggling for about 5 mins. I guess she enjoyed her time. It was so cute! She also has started to babble a lot, especially when she is in her car seat. It sounds like she is trying to tell you something, but of course it is just a bunch of funny sounds. We love our sweet little girl!
(I would post a picture, but for some reason, our computor wont let me right now. Sad:( )

2 comments:

Sarah Westenbroek said...

I hope that the teething goes quickly. Taylor just cut some through that were coming for the last four months. Needless to say, it can be a long process :)

Emily said...

I hope it is quick too! She hasn't seemed to be too upset yet, but there are times were I can tell they are bothering her. I don't know that I am ready for her to have teeth, though!