Saturday, October 31, 2009

1st Halloween

For Adelyn's first Halloween, we dressed her as a very pink bunny rabbit! I am not a huge fan of the Holiday, but I think it is cute when little kids dress up in costumes and fun to watch them run around so excited to get candy. Although Adelyn won't remember this Halloween, she certainly looked cute for it! We went to a party in our new neighborhood, and all the kids paraded around to different houses. Most of the children were 3 and under, so it was a great way for Steven and me to meet some other families in our neighborhood. It was lots of fun!

Adelyn loved sucking on her carrot rattle.


All the kids lined up to get their picture taken before we headed out to get candy.


She is so tiny next to the other "big" kids!


I guess I was enjoying all the sweet kids.


Adelyn actually enjoyed reaching for the candy (and I benefited from it too :) )


Precious little bunny!


Someone was throwing candy from her balcony. I thought it was funny to watch the kids stand there and try to catch it.





After the party we went over to our neighbor's house, and all the kids played together on the floor. It was Adelyn's first experience with that many kids, and she was definitely taking it all in. The older kids kept steeling her toys, but fortunately she is young enough that it didn't bother her. She just liked sitting and watch all the chaos.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Em that sounds/looks sooo fun!! I wish we could've spent Halloween together again this year. And of course I wish the bunny and lion couldve hung out. I LOVE the costume!!!

Sarah Westenbroek said...

She looks so precious... and I am totally jealous that you all are wearing shorts and short sleeves.... it was maybe 40 here with wind and it might snow tomorrow....but the kids had fun getting candy anyways :)