Sunday, March 1, 2009

28 Weeks


I am 28weeks now and happy to hit another milestone in the babies development. Now that I am 28weeks it means that I am in my 3rd TRIMESTER!! She is still moving a lot, which makes me happy because it assures me that she is doing well. I went to my doctors appointment on Friday and everything looks good. I got the rhogam shot because my blood type is A-, and on Tuesday, I have to do my 1 hour glucola test to be sure I don't have gestational diabetes. Also, I will be going to my doctors appointments now every 2 weeks versus every 4 weeks. It is amazing how fast it is going by!
If you read my previous post, you will appreciate the dress I am wearing in this picture because it is from Forever 21 and is not a maternity dress, although it functions beautifully as one. Something you might be able to notice in this picture is that my belly button is starting to pop. I am hopping it doesn't pop out too much, but I it just might! No stretch marks at this point, but that is also something that will probably come with time. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.
I entered my 28th week with a bang because I either got food poisoning or a bug on Friday. I started throwing up at work around 5 and then kept throwing up on and off until 9 the next morning. It was pretty miserable. I called my doctor Saturday morning because I was worried about getting too dehydrated and was starting to have some mild contractions. She called in some Zofran for me, and after I took that, I felt much better. I continued to contract on and off all weekend, but I knew I just needed to drink lots of water and try to catch up from all the fluids I lost. I am feeling much better today, and know that if there any problems tomorrow, I am in the right place (as I will be working).
All in all, things are going well and I am happy to be in my 3rd trimester. I hope you all are doing well!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

you look so pretty!!

Ashley Wood said...

love the dress and the picture Em! You really look great. I cannot wait to see you in just a month and half! Thanks for the post!!!

Emily said...

Thanks Ladies! You make me feel so good. Love you both!

Allison Hudson said...

You look wonderful! love you!