Monday, March 9, 2009

On Sunday I had my very first baby shower. It felt surreal as I walked up the stairs and prepared to open gifts for this little girl on the way. I felt like I was going to a wedding shower because certainly there is no way I am old enough to be going to a baby shower, right? Well, there I was, surrounded by some of my best friends, feeling so incredibly blessed to think of how many wonderful women my daughter is going to have in her life. The shower was a blast. Between the fabulous guests, wonderful food, gorgeous presents, and Mariah Carey's "You'll Always Be My Baby" playing in the background, I don't think I could have asked for anything more perfect. I brought home lots of wonderful new clothes and goodies to fill the nursery, and just can't wait to set everything up and dress this little girl. She certainly is going to be one well dressed and well loved child! Thank you Abbie, Megan, Anna Kate, and Jen for throwing such a wonderful shower for me!!
Look at all these gorgeous girls!

I was so blessed to have both my mother and mother-in-law come up from Charlottesville to attend the shower. Aren't they the most beautiful Grandmothers-to-be you ever have seen?!? Sandra was practicing for grandmotherhood already...she looks perfect with that precious Noah in her arms. (By the way, he was one lucky man. The only guy in a room full of gorgeous women who all wanted his attention. Watch out Mama Rathbone!)

Look at that gorgeous table!! Megan Rathbone made the diaper cake. It is absolutely incredible and is currently functioning as the center piece to our dining room table. If I didn't know she made it, I definitely would have assumed it came from a boutique baby store! I have found your calling Megan!
Not only was the table beautiful, but the food tasted wonderful! The fastest way to a pregnant woman's heart is definitely through her stomach.









No comments: