Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Hair Style

Recently, Steven had been giving me subtle. or sometimes not so subtle, hints that he thought I should get my hair cut short. Any time he would see someone with short hair, he would say, "I think that hair cut looks nice, Emily". Well, at first, I didn't pay much attention to him. I mean, I had spent the last 4 years trying to grow my hair out after it was butcherred in college by a well intentioned hairstylist (my hair cut really made me look like a boy). Before we got married, Steven had told my he wanted to see my hair long again, so being the good fiance that I was, I grew my hair out. I was loving my long hair, and really enjoying how easy it was to throw it back into a ponytail. But, the more he suggested that I cut it, the more the idea grew on me. I new I was about to become a mom, and the hairstyle I had was beginning to take more and more time and effort to maintain. Knowing that it was time to get it cut (and highlighted of course) anyway, I decided to take my chances and try something new. I printed of some pictures of a few of my favorite celebrity hairstlyes and took them to Reflections, where I entrusted my hair in the hands of Virginia, the hairsylist who had done my hair for my wedding. She had deliverred exactly what I wanted for my wedding, so I was hoping she would do the same for my brand new hair cut. So here is the final product:


Steven didn't recognize me when he saw me for the first time after I got it cut.
What do you think?

4 comments:

Melissa and Kyle Coleman said...

LOVE IT! I've always liked your hair short. Of course, you always look hot, but I love the new "do"! -Melissa

Emily said...

Thanks Melissa!!!

Anna Kate said...

I love it! So cute, Em.

Nadia said...

cute as a button!