Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sleeping and Sitz Bathes

Recently, we have been trying to transition Adelyn out of the swaddle. This is something that is usually done around 3 months, but since we moved, I waited until now (almost 4 months) because I just didn't want to deal with it. Adelyn has actually done really well, and it hasn't seemed to bother her too much. We have also been trying to wean her from putting her down with her pacifier as well, so I thought it would be a lot harder, but I guess she was ready for it. Something that has been making me laugh every day, though, is that I often look at our video monitor and see her laying quietly in her crib and just staring at her arm/hand. She does it sometimes before she drifts off to sleep or when she wakes up from a nap. I took a pictures of her doing it today and then she looked at me with the cutest most Innocent face when she saw me take a picture. It was almost like she was embarrassed.

"What is that thing up there? I haven't seen that before."


"Hey Mom, I found something up in the air."


"Silly me, it was just my hand!"


We have also been giving Adelyn sitz baths 2x a day b/c she has a pretty bad yeast infection. I put her in a little bit of water with baking soda and she seems to like it a lot. How cute is that face!
(and if you are wondering...that shirt did not stay dry. Hey, at least I tried)

She then gets some time to "air out".

3 comments:

Megan said...

oh my gosh I miss her!!!

Melissa Coleman said...

I can't wait to see your baby. She is just precious.

Elizabeth said...

These are precious!