Thursday, July 23, 2009

anniversary dinner

I forgot to mention an important part of our anniversary. A few weeks ago, I told Steven that I would make the dinner plans for our anniversary. I wanted to do that for him b/c he had been so busy at work. Well, I picked a place that was a little different and one that I thought we wouldn't go to usually. I told the hostess that it was our anniversary when I made the reservations, so when we got there, they greeted us with a smile and sat us at a very romantic table under a beautiful little canopy. It was a pricey restaurant, but we decided to not worry about it and just enjoy the great wine and deliceous meal. Well, while I was finishing up my meal, an asian stir fry, I noticed something that looked a little different from the asparagus or mushrooms that I had been eating. Actually, it had wings and 2 eyes...it was a very large bug!!! When the waitress came by, I pointed it out to her, and with a disgusted face, she apologized and brought the manager over. The manager proceeded to apologize profusely, let us know our meal would be free, and brought us two glasses of champaign since it was our anniversary. So, we got what would have been a >$100 meal, for free. Not bad, and I didn't care too much about the bug b/c I just thought about how Ashley has to deal with bugs all the time, and at that point, I had already had 2 glasses of wine. We have decided from now on we are just going to bring dead bugs to put in our meals when we want it for free. Not really, but it does make for a funny story!

2 comments:

Melissa Coleman said...

Oh my gosh! That is SO funny. I loved your telling of the story. It made us laugh. Gross, but hilarious.

Ashley Wood said...

Oh em, gross. In fact, the reality is that we do have to deal with the bugs, but sorry for that at a fancy restaurant. Just last night we were making pizza's and I was removing the ants that had rolled up in the dough when I was rolling it out. Great fun. Thanks for the laugh!