Monday, April 26, 2010

11 months and Walking!


Adelyn is 11months old today. I can't believe that in only one month, she will be a year old! Crazy!!! For the past month, she has been taking a few steps here and there but not consistently. Yesterday we were all playing outside and for the first time she took several steps on her own and walked over to Steven (she refused to walk to me, though). Today, she did it again, although this time, she did walk to me, especially when I was eating raisins and she wanted some. She still is a bit timid, although very capable. I am very happy for her to be crawling and not walking with confidence b/c I don't think I am quite ready for a walking child. Fortunately this weekend there was a big consignment sale in Louden and I was able to buy 2 baby gates for a great price. I guess we are going to have to install them sooner rather than later. I also got some great dresses and adorable bathing suites for really cheap. I can't wait for summer and for our pool to open!

Last Thursday we said goodbye to Uncle Skip. He is in Ireland for the next month studying. It sounds like it is going to be awesome, although we will definitely miss him.

This past weekend Grami and Pop Rock came up to watch Adelyn so that we could go to Julie Andrukonis' wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and Julie looked gorgeous (as always). It was fun to see friends and to have a baby free nights. While at the reception, we did think of Adelyn, though b/c right now she is in love with dancing. She will purposefully press buttons on her toys in order to make them play songs so that she can dance to them. It is hilarious! I guess we are going to have to get this little girl into dance classes soon!

1 comment:

The Jonker Family said...

Way to go Adelyn! She's so advanced :)