Sunday, February 7, 2010

SO MUCH SNOW!!

I thought that 18inches of snow was a crazy amount to get back in December. But for this snow storm we totalled 32inches!!!! I can hardly believe it, but it is certainly a winter wonderland out there. We have had so much fun watching it all fall from the sky, although, I am not sure that Steven would consider shoveling out 3 cars (he shoveled out our neighbors car as well) buried in over 2 feet of snow "fun". He did a great job, though, and Steven at least will be able to drive tomorrow. I don't think I will be taking my car out for a drive for awhile, though, b/c the roads are still not great. I imagine that the sunny days and cold nights will make for some very icy driving conditions!

Adelyn was reading the newspaper last Sunday and was informing us of the big storm coming.


Look how deep that snow is! And that isn't even in the deepest points.


Our little snow bunny!


Adelyn like to stand at our balcony door and look out at the snow as it was falling. It is so beautiful!

Though, she was not so sure about being out in the snow when it was coming down hard. We didn't keep her out long; just enough to take a pictures :)


On Sunday, we walked over to Harris Teeter to get some milk and other essentials (like tortilla chips, and rice crispies to make treats for the super bowl.) It was very sunny, so Daddy shared his sunglasses with Adelyn. That is one cool bunny.


Guess what is under that mound of snow? My car!!

Sadly, a huge tree fell on two of the cars parked next to mine. (Yes, that is actually a car under that tree.) I was very fortunate that mine didn't get hit.


This is our walkway on Friday night. Saturday morning it was barely passable, but fortunately the HOA has done a wonderful job of getting a crew in to clear the walkways.


I was supposed to go visit the Rathbones on Friday and stay until Saturday morning, but when I woke up on Wednesday morning and heard that we could get a few feet of snow on Friday and Saturday, Steven and I both decided it would be best if I didn't travel over the weekend. Fortunately, the Rathbones are very flexible, so Adelyn and I hopped in the car on Wednesday morning and took our trip to Williamsburg a few days early. It was lots of fun to hang out with Noah again, and Adelyn loved playing with all the new toys.


Noah loves books and he was really good about sharing his mommy's laps so Adelyn could enjoy the books as well.

Ashley Lawson came to hang out a few weeks back, and Adelyn shared her Puffs with her. It was lots of fun to have her come visit!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow!! I can't believe that snow! I love the bunny hat...too cute. I will post the "twins" pics of noah and adelyn soon.

Claire said...

I can't get over all of that snow!!! We can't wait to see you soon!

Sarah Westenbroek said...

yeah.... that is crazy snow. You all have beaten us this year... and we are jealous up here! She is so cute in the bunny snowsuit! :)

Megan said...

That one picture looks like noah has his arm around Adelyn

Emily said...

They are so cute together! Adelyn is missing her buddy for sure. (and I am missing mine :( ) Being cooped up inside a small condo can make you go crazy! We are supposed to get another 10-20inches tomorrow...crazy!!!