Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekend at the River House

The River House is a house in Callao, VA off the Potomac river that is owned by Steven's grandparents, Pop and Grandma Luck. Every summer since Steven and I started dating, we have gone to the River House where we water ski, wake board, tube, and just relax and enjoy being with family. This year, our time at the River house looked a little different than usual, as much of it revolved around the two newest Lucks in the family. Adelyn and Robert quite enjoyed their time there, hanging out with Grandma and Pop and their aunts and uncles, lounging in the pool, and playing with the dogs (something Adelyn doesn't get to do a lot of). We all had a wonderful time and were sad we had to leave. It was so relaxing and fun, and we hope to return soon!

Our little family at the River House

Steven speaking to Adelyn about being modest in her bathing suit.

"Sure Dad, whatever you say."
Adelyn loved wearing her super cool shades.

Adelyn and Robert had a lot of fun together all weekend! I am sure this is the first of many trips to the River together.

Both in their swimsuits and hats, getting ready to go outside and play in the pool.
Adelyn lounging in the pool and posing to have her picture taken.

"Hey Adelyn, where are our margaritas? I thought we orderred them hours ago."
"I don't know Robert, but I am working on my suntan. I need to look good for this 4th of July party we have coming up next week!"

Adelyn loved spending time with Grandma and Pop! She got lots of attention.

She also had lots of fun getting to know Julia, Uncle Will's girlfriend. Sorry for the spit up, Julia!


I loved looking at Uncle Will's face. He is so cool.


Pop and I both had really cool hair doos at the end of the day!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Those pictures on the rafts are ridiculously cute! OMG! I love the sunnies too. Also I like your new background. So much has happened since Noah and I left!

Melissa Coleman said...

Emily and Steven- Your baby girl is absolutely precious. Kyle and I check everyday to see if you've posted more pictures. Haha. Thanks for updating frequently even though I know things are busy! And Emily- seriously-you just had a baby. You aren't supposed to look as good as you do in a little bikini! Ha, you look great. We can't wait to see you guys, especially now as parents. Love you!