Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let it Snow!

Today was the first really snowy day of 2009. It is absolutely beautiful outside. It was so fun to look outside and see the puffy white snow falling, although less fun when I realized I had to go to work. I picked up an extra shift, so I had to work from 9-1. The roads weren't to horrible, but definitely not that great. I almost didn't go b/c I didn't want to become a patient on labor and delivery trying to get there to work. I got to and from work safely, though, and am planning on having Steven drive me to work tomorrow.
Our little one on the way is doing well. She is moving a ton, and sometimes I can actually see my belly move. She tends to move most after dinner if Steven is putting his hand on my stomach or at night, when I am about to go to bed. If she is moving a little, and Steven puts his hand on my stomach, it is like they start playing tag. She will just keep kicking and kicking over and over again where is hand is (sometimes I have to tell him to stop because it can be too much...she is strong!). I think we have a future soccer player on the way....surprise, surprise!
I worked this weekend, and it was pretty slow, so my coworkers were able to do a sonogram. She was looking down so I couldn't see her face, but we could tell everything looked good. She had her little hands up by her face, and she was kicking a lot. It is good to see her heart beat, and know that she is producing enough amniotic fluid. All seems to be going well

On another note, Mary Elizabeth, a friend of mine from UVA, who was a year ahead of me and was in my sorority, just had twin boys. She had a really hard pregnancy, and was on bedrest starting at 16weeks. She actually made it to 38weeks, which is amazing for twins, but after the delivery, things have just gone downhill. The twins are in the NICU now, and have been having problems breathing and have had several seizures. The doctors are currently testing for genetic or metabolic disorders. Please pray for them! You can also visit their website at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stonetwins.

No comments: