Sunday, January 4, 2009

20 weeks

I am now 20weeks pregnant! Half way there! It is nice to finally hit the 20week point. I can feel her move around, and she is quite the mover. During the sonogram, she went from head down at the beginning to head up by the time the sonographer was finished. It is still hard to feel her from the outside, but I can definitely feel movement inside.
It is also nice because at 20weeks, if I need to go to the hospital for any reason, I will get to go straight to labor and delivery and bypass the ER. I hate ERs, so this makes me very happy, although, I hope the only reason I am going to the hospital in the next 4 months is to go to work. But as a Labor and Delivery nurse, it is something I think about.
Lots of people have been asking what we are going to name her, but honestly, we don't know yet. Surprisingly, we have yet to talk about it since we found out she is a girl. It is really hard to pick a name, especially since we haven't seen her yet. Who knows, we may wait until she is born to actually choose one.
I have been looking online a lot to try to register for things for the nursery, but that is also a hard thing to pick. Crib bedding for girls can be so fru-fru, and we are not really into that. It is fun to look for things that are gender specific, though, and I am having to stay away from baby clothing stores because it is so tempting to buy all the cute little girl dresses and outfits I see! I am sure we will have more clothes than we know what to do with by the time she is born, or so I am told by other new moms, so I should probably avoid buying too much anyway.

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years filled with lots of family, relaxation and fun! What an exciting 2009 this will be!



2 comments:

Ashley Wood said...

Love the pic. Seems like she is growing well in there!!! Love you tons and thanks for the blog again.

Melissa Coleman said...

You are one hot Mama! We love looking at your blog. I told you that I would email you our blog, but don't have your email. So here it is: melissaandkylecoleman.blogspot.com

Love you guys!