Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Pregnancy 0-14weeks

I have a lot of catching up to do on what has happened so far in the pregnancy, so I will try to not make this entry too long.

How I found out: I had been really tired and a little emotional (although Steven might say A LOT emotional), but I had attributed all those feelings to our recent move. Then, one Thursday at my weekly Pilate's class (OK, so my attendance more monthly, but that doesn't matter) I had a feeling like I could throw up. Knowing it wasn't from some odd Pilate's move, I was a little confused, but again, attributed it to the move and just being exhausted. Well, the next day when I woke up, I felt the same way, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. Having spent way to many minutes of my life watching just one line show up in the past, I decided to go back to bed. About 30mins late I woke back up and walked into the bathroom, and what did my sleepy eyes see, but 2 lines!! I thought I was imagining things, so I stumbled into the car and went to the Rite Aid to get a second test. Being that I look about 14 y.o., especially with my sweatpants on, I got some very mean looks at the store. Guess I am going to have to get used to that. Well, this time, the pregnancy test said PREGNANT, so I knew it was right, but it was still hard to believe!

Telling Steven: I know it is hard to believe, but I didn't tell Steven that day. We were going back to Charlottesville for a wedding and then for his parent's anniversary party. I wasn't ready to tell anyone yet, so I didn't want Steven to be processing all of this while he was spending all night with his parents and all day with his brothers. I figured it would be a little easier on him to find out after all the big events. Not that the news would be hard on him, but just that it is a lot to process while you are trying to hang out with several people who are asking about your life. Anyway, I told him after his parent's anniversary party. We were in the car, and I had him stop so I could give him a gift. Steven had just bought a new car, so he wanted a journal to write down all the blessing we had experienced every 1 thousand miles that he had driven. So I have him a journal, a pen, and then had wrapped the pregnancy tests. When he openned them, at first he thought they were thermometers, then negative pregnancy tests, then he saw the positive pregnancy test. He was very excited. A little overwhelmed, but mostly excited.

Morning Sickness and the ER:
Things have been OK so far in the pregnancy, minus the constant exhaustion and the morning sickness (although, I don't know why they call it that b/c it goes far beyond the morning). I have been throwing up every morning and sometimes in the afternoon, but I have gotten kind of used to it. Steven is very sweet and always feels bad for me, although there is really nothing that makes it better. I had some drama at about week 11 when I got a 24hour bug and with that and the pregnancy, I got too dehydrated. I woke up at 4 one morning, went into the bathroom, and then passed out. I hit my head on the floor, which is what woke Steven up. He came and found me, and then took me to the ER (I truly hate that place). I spent 8hours in the ER, getting IV fluids. It took awhile to get me rehydrated because I had gotten so low. I tried to go back to work 2 days later, but after throwing up 2x, my doctor, who was working on the floor that day, sent me home. I spent all 3 days on the couch trying to rehydrate. Since then, things have been much better. I have much more energy, have been cooking, and I actually didn't throw up this weekend! I am hoping that 2nd trimester proved to be much better than the first.

Pregnancy Callendar: I am now 14weeks pregnant. My due date is May 23rd. The baby is about the size of a fist at this stage, so it is getting much bigger. I am showing a little bit more, although it just looks like I have eaten too much (which, by the way, my appetite is huge!!! I love it!!!). I am going to post a picture of my belly at 12weeks. I will try to post every 4weeks so you can see the progression.

No comments: