Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh, How I Love Thanksiving

Oh, how I love Thanksgiving! Time with the Family, lots of good food, catching up with the Rices, and walking on the beach; doesn’t get much better than that. We have been going to the beach with the Rices, a family of 5 kids (actually 8, now that 3 are married) from Richmond, for the past 14years. This year, we went to Pine Island and stayed at a gorgeous house right across the street from the ocean. We had the traditional Thanksgiving meal, although we fried the turkey this year (delicious!) and the pumpkin pie and pecan pie were mysteriously missing. Actually, I burnt both, and they both were total disasters. I blamed it on the recipes, the ovens, and the hormones, although, I think I just need to go to Ashley Wood’s pie school (or just leave it up to her to cook next year…Ash, you better be home so I don’t make a fool out of myself again!!)
I love being at the beach, even when it is cold, and it seems like the baby does too. One reason is that the Rice girls were so excited about the pregnancy, and they talked to the baby, rubbed my belly, and doted on the baby the whole three days. He/She is going to miss all that attention! Also, I only got sick once while I was there, and I barely felt nauseous. I think I am just going to have to move to the beach full time. Watch out Sam and Dee, here I come!! Well, at least I will have to visit the beach a lot. I guess the baby planned his/her arrival well; perfect time to enjoy the summer! (Definitely takes after both Steven and me in that aspect)
I am 15weeks now, and thoroughly enjoying the second trimester. I have not been as nauseous and have only thrown up a few times this week (versus every day). Steven and I are starting to discuss names, although we are still very indecisive. I think we are going to wait until we find out the sex of the baby before we discuss it more seriously. The sex is distinguishable between 16-20weeks, so we could find out any day now. I am hoping to find a time were Steven can come to work with me so that we can find out together. (I have to fight my colleagues off because they all want to do a sonogram so that they can know if it is a boy or a girl).
I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and have come out of your turkey comas by now. Again, I love Thanksgiving!!

No comments: