Thursday, March 4, 2010

9 Months!!


Adelyn turned 9 months last week, and I really can't believe how old she is! Our little monkey is crawling around, pulling up on everything, cruising, climbing the stairs (thanks Steven) and becoming a very social little girl. She just learned to wave (well...a modified wave...she sticks her hand out at the person she is waving to and gradual curls her fingers) and she loves to do it to anyone she sees. She is also in a stage right now where she thinks almost anything is funny so often times I will put her down and hear here laughing and I have no idea what is amusing her. She now has 5 teeth and two of them broke through last week, just before her weekend away with Grami and Pop Rock. I was very grateful it happened before the weekend and not during it b/c teething is just no fun! (And when her teeth were bothering her she decided for the first time that she wanted to bite me and those little shark teeth really hurt my arm! Fortunately, she hasn't done it since.) We went to the pediatricians office today for her check-up and she weighs 16 1/2 pounds (30th%) and is 27inches tall (40th%), so right about where they expected her to be (and still wearing 3-6month clothes). Everything checked out well, and she managed to survive the blood draw and immunizations (which were probably harder on me than her, as usual).
This past weekend was Adelyn's first overnight without Mommy and Daddy, and she stayed 2 nights with Grami, Pop Rock, Aunt Catherine, and cousin Rob. Steven and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend away with Robert and Lauren, and while our adventure to western Maryland was cancelled last minute because of a crazy blizzard, our back up plan to go to St. Michaels turned out to be fabulous! We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, got massages, shopped, went wine tasting, and just enjoyed having our arms free of babies and not having to worry about cooking, cleaning, or changing diapers. When we came back, I was sure my little one would just jump into my arms b/c she had missed me so much, but instead I saw her dearly hugging her new best friend, Grami. Instead of making me feel sad, though, I was so happy to see how well she handled not having mommy and daddy close by, and I imagine I will be taking many more of these wonderful weekends away.
Before we went on the trip, I drove into Charlottesville to hang out with Skip, who was home on break, and Adelyn got to spend the night with her Wood Grandparents. She had lots of fun playing with Uncle Skip, and she is continuing to butter up to him b/c she knows he is going to be her dearest ally in years to come and the one who is going to spoil her rotten! She also appreciated Poppy's wonderful story telling and got a few sweet kisses from Maizey. It was quite a busy weekend for our little girl and she seemed to enjoy every minute of it.


This is a picture from St. Michaels...I'm ready to go back!


Steven and Robert doing what they do best...goofing around.


Reading with Poppy


Playing with Uncle Skip


Playing with Lisee!

Look at those pretty girls in their pink


Fun with Grami and Rob!




Uncle Will and his girlfriend Julia came by to help out.


Playing with cousin Rob


Adelyn also has a new friend, Aiden, that she met at her swim class. He is a cutie, and they love swimming together. His mommy and I are planning a weekly play date now that swimming is over.


Adelyn two favorite things to sleep with are her blanket from Mrs Cindy and her big bunny from Poppy.

She has also just discoverred that she can crawl under things but can't quite figure out how to get out. "Mommy, put that camra down and get me out of here!"

4 comments:

the reppard crew said...

william says "oooh, pretty!"

Melissa Coleman said...

I love the picture of your dad and Adelyn reading on the floor. Precious. And 16 lbs?!! Emily, June is 12 lbs. Adelyn is TINY! But, I love her trademark face- the one with her mouth wide open and squinty eyes. She's adorable.

Allison Hudson said...

Emmie - she is just so precious!!! I miss y'all! xoxo

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Adelyn! We love and miss you!